Art Director (F/M/NB)
16 days ago
Ubisoft Annecy is seeking a seasoned Art Director with experience on AAA games. The ideal candidate is able to create the artistic vision, as well as foster and communicate this vision to the team.
- Collaborate with creative director to define the artistic vision for console, on-line, and multiplayer video game products.
- Share, cultivate and promote the artistic vision throughout the team.
- Inspire artists to create assets that will fulfill the creative vision of the project.
- Guide, review, and critique art deliverables.
- Coach and mentor art team members and ensure they reach the expected artistic quality.
- Collaborate with creative director, producers, and other key employees to review progress of the game and adjust the implementation of features to match the vision and scope as needed.
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition.
- Collaborate with producers to assist in art team staffing and reviewing and verifying production schedules.
- Create a variety of features, assets, game concepts, and other materials to support production as needed.
- Maintain a high level of asset management practices and standards to better facilitate both internal and external sharing with other Ubisoft studios.
- Must have game development experience and an Art Director credit on a shipped AAA console title.
- Experience developing open world or multi-player games is highly desired.
- Understanding of VFX, lighting, world etc..
- Must be an innovative and positive team player.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with team members of different disciplines.
- Proven ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints.
- Talent for promoting vision and methodologies and inspiring and coach others.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives.
- A keen understanding of technical constraints and ability to adhere to them to achieve artistic vision.
- Ability to adapt to changing workflows and tools.
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games.
- Extensive knowledge of games in multiple genres across all platforms.
- Willingness to respond to and adapt to criticism.
- Must have working knowledge of industry required art software and Microsoft Office applications.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep and more recently Riders Republic!
More recently, we are working on innovation with the creation of a technological expertise hub around the Snowdrop engine pipeline, for which we are focusing firstly on engine and graphics topics.
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.