This job might no longer be available.
Art Director, 3D [New Game IP]
17 days ago
Do you know how to capture the essence of a piece of concept art into 3d? Are you in love with systemic workflows and procedural tools? Do you want to guide and direct a team of artists and build the pipelines that ensures we can achieve our visual style at scale and at quality? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
We are looking for an Art Director to drive our 3Dart initiatives on our adventure of developing a new Game IP here in Stockholm, Sweden.
As our Art Director for 3D art, you’ll be designing and driving bleeding edge pipelines for creating 3d assets for our new game IP. You will collaborate with many stakeholders across the company to plan and lead the effort of setting the vision for the 3D art department. This means that you will be the leader of the discipline, pushing the benchmark of what’s possible so we can continue to deliver breadth taking experiences to our players.
We strive to give passionate and creative teams the freedom and trust they need to succeed in this creative and fast-moving environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be able to honor their commitments.
In this role, you’ll join our Art craft and you will be reporting to our World Director. You will work closely with many experts on 3D at the studio and across the company, to align on a single vision and ensure highest quality possible.
In this role you will...
- In close collaboration with the World Director and Art Producer, lead the effort of setting and driving the vision for our 3D assets.
- Design and drive bleeding edge pipelines for creating 3d assets for our game world.
- Set clear goals and targets for pipeline work to make sure all content can be delivered at quality.
- Be a leader of your discipline, being responsible for quality and a stakeholder in the game experience, while accountable for meeting internal and industry benchmarks of design excellence.
- Build, guide and direct a team of 3D experts to ensure consistency in style and quality.
We would love if you...
- Have many years from art production processes within AAA games, from concept to final in-game assets.
- Can showcase your skill in creating, adapting, and iterating, within a variety of artistic styles.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and are motivated in finding the best solutions.
- Have strong technical skills as well as an artistic eye for form, colour and shape
- Find satisfaction in reading about new technology and are fluent in current 3D software like substance and Houdini
- Understand art production, the tools that are used and how pipelines are supposed to work.
- Are happy being at heart of things and used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.