Art Director (3D) – Creation AAA Next Gen
2 months ago
As an Art Director of Creation AAA Next Gen project, you are fundamental to a game’s development: a member of the core team, the connection between the creative vision and the artists, the voice of the art team.
You are a visionary who motivates, inspires, and supports an artistic team to transform concept to reality. As an empathetic leader, you not only provide your team with guidance, but you let their encouraged ideas shape the artistic direction you set. You have the talent and known expertise to jump in and help produce visual content that is aligned with the creative vision.
- Work with the producer and core creative team to define the vision of a game.
- Partner with lead artists to develop the artistic tone (set the ambiance; explore locations, key moments, emotional contrasts, characters, etc.).
- Create the visual style guide of a game (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions).
- Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout production.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Provide leadership and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Collaborate with members of interdependent teams in all stages of development.
- Participate in recruitment to build the artistic team & foster their growth.
- A college diploma in Fine Arts or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in the video game industry
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games
- Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max)
- Can produce assets like marketing key arts, concept arts, or other data linked to the production
- Understanding of art fundamentals and artistic culture
- A highly creative, collaborative, and empathetic spirit
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it.
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS4, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture also known as one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing a diverse catalogue of fun-packed casual genre from instant games to Creation AAA next Gen - first to be proudly "made in Vietnam".
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.