Art Craft Manager (contract)
5 days ago
This is a 12 month contract with the possibility to get it prolonged.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE Content craft encompasses art, animation and audio and we are looking for a Manager to join our craft and take line-management responsibility for several of our Art domains.
As an Art Craft Manager, you will report to the Content Craft Director and be part of the Content Leadership team. Your focus will lie in ensuring that our teams are motivated and have the right tools and knowledge to do their jobs well. Each Art Craft Manager directly manages multiple individuals in defined teams and serves as an executive extension of the Content craft leadership and studio management.
By not being embedded in a specific project or franchise, you will focus on long-term strategy for the craft, together with partners, by finding synergies, promoting collaboration, and by nurturing personal growth, craft specialization and career development.
- Coach artists to help them to perform at their best potential.
- Work with leaders and departments to build motivated teams with a clear vision for the future and empowered individuals to guide said vision forward.
- Apply a servant leadership mindset to guide teams in continuous improvement.
- Drive staffing and recruitment for our project teams, while taking long-term goals and career development into consideration to maximize output and individual employee growth.
- Drive learning and development programs for your domains and for the Content craft.
- Promote knowledge-sharing and best practices for your domains.
- Work across the organization together with Craft Managers to improve ways of working.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience.
- Experience in game development or similar creative or technological industries. While a background in game art is beneficial, what's most important is an interest in video games as a medium and an ability to challenge and motivate your artists in a healthy and constructive way.
- Soft skills including coaching and communication.
- Competent with structure, documentation and planning.