Area Designer - Summer Internship
14 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an Area Design Intern to join us for our Obsidian University Internship Program and help make our next world-class role-playing game.
This intern will work closely with the area design team as well as Environment Artists, Narrative Designers, and Game System Designers to design area layouts and implement gameplay mechanics. Spend the summer learning with other RPG and video game enthusiasts while working side-by-side with our world-class developers. You can help build fantastic worlds and contribute to the next great Obsidian Entertainment title.
This position requires the ability to work onsite at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA. Summer housing will be provided on an as-needed basis.
- Create and iterate on level layouts in Unreal Engine
- Implement gameplay for combat encounters, NPC conversations, quest scripting, and other game mechanics into prototype levels
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate design goals and concepts across disciplines
- Familiarity with the role-playing games genre, especially recent AAA role-playing games
- Background in programming and/or scripting languages
- Experience with pen-and-paper role-playing games
- Experience writing branching narratives
- Background in environment art including modeling, texturing, and/or lighting
- A web portfolio that demonstrates one or more aspects of the internship position described above
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.