This job might no longer be available.
Architect, Server - Core Architecture, Central Tech
10 days ago
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for the technical vision, design and realization of backend services that power our games at scale. We’re looking for outstanding engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a complementary team.
- Design and architect new backend applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability and to lower cost
- Advocate for new technologies and engineering standards across the team
- Perform technical review of other engineers’ work and provide feedback and advice
- Draft documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Work collaboratively with Production and Product Management to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions
- Establish engineering process and metrics to measure software quality
- Coach and mentor other engineers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development of server applications
- Experience programming RESTful services using Java, GoLang, Python, Spring, and/or PHP
- Strong familiarity and experience using AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and performance optimization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Familiarity with containers and Kubernetes/EKS a plus
- Familiarity with database systems (SQL, NoSQL) a plus
- Familiarity with web development using JS, Angular and React a plus
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.