Arabic Localization Specialist
19 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As the Arabic Localization Specialist, you will help us deliver our products to users for the Arabic market. You will work with multiple teams on several types of projects to offer our users a complete immersive localized experience that will be culturally relevant. You will own the language quality from end to end – from early localization to localization QA, to developing glossaries and style guides for localization standards. As a user-generated content platform, we also use a Text Filter to ensure that Roblox is a safe place for all ages to create, socialize, and share. As part of the localization team, you have the opportunity to define the future of Roblox in Arabic speaking countries and globally by collaborating with our product and engineering teams to enhance the user experience for all. You will report to the Head of Localization.
- Provide high-quality Arabic translations for our product, marketing, and others.
- Help to ensure Arabic speaking users are able to communicate safely.
- Create translation memories, glossaries, and style guides.
- Work with product & engineering teams to provide Arabic Linguistic and Localization QA for our product.
- Collaborate with external localization vendors to improve the language quality.
- Uncover, evaluate, and fix linguistic and localization issues.
- 3+ years of experience in Localization on the client side in the software/internet industry.
- B.A/B.S. Certification in localization, linguistics or equivalent.
- Excellent language skills in both Arabic and English, and a solid knowledge of Arabic culture, customs, language and local pop culture.
- Expertise with localization/internationalization processes and issues as it pertains to RTL implementation.
- Working knowledge with CAT, TMS and MT systems.
- Experience working with Cross Functional teams.
- The ability to quickly adapt and shift priorities.
- Knowledge of gaming industry, gaming platforms and Social platforms trends in the US and target territory. - (bonus)
- Experience in both Translation and LQA. - (bonus).
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$107,000 — $131,079 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.