Applied Scientist - Proactive Safety
25 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for passionate applied scientists who are excited to solve challenging and open-ended problems in the creation of automated safety products. As an applied scientist on Twitch's Community team, you will help us better understand user behaviors of user-generated content. You will develop intelligent products using machine learning (ML) models with a world class engineering team. You will help ensure that creators and viewers on Twitch can build thriving communities. You will spend most of your time developing ML models and putting them in production to solve real-world.
- Build machine learning products in the safety world to protect Twitch and its users from bad behavior such as followbotting, spam, phishing, and violent or illegal content.
- Work with the Community engineering and product management team to create flexible data pipelines and ML-based services
- Research, prototype, develop and productionize ML techniques
- Experiment with new techniques to keep pushing the boundaries of what is possible to keep our communities growing on Twitch
- Endeavor to use the right tool for the job. If a simple model works, use that one. If not, look into the state-of-the-art .
- Continue to learn new things on the job, whether about machine learning, software engineering, or safety. You will do this with the help and support of our entire team.
- PhD / MSc Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or similar quantitative field OR equivalent hands on experience. We welcome applicants with non-conventional backgrounds ( e.g. bootcamps ).
- Hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 1+ years of experience building ML models for NLP, deep learning, bot detection, anomaly detection or others
- 1+ years of experience in a general purpose programming language: Python, Go, C/C++, Java, etc
- PhD with specialization in ML
- Width and some depth of knowledge of ML algorithms. You know the landscape of ML and there is at least 1 area you are passionate about.
- Software development skills
- Experience shipping models in a production setting
- Familiarity with AWS/other cloud-computing services
- 1+ years of experience working on a safety or fraud prevention team (not necessarily as a scientist)
- Are a Twitch user who cares about the safety of our communities
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $144,000 - $176,000 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6976
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.