Applications Administrator (Linux)
Montreal QC ca
10 days ago
Ubisoft GNS (Global Network Services) Production is an innovation catalyst, delivering optimized solutions that offer game production teams a variety of options adapted to their reality. Through our close relationship with game productions, we deliver quality solutions that help them work better together.
Reporting to a team lead, the application administrator is responsible for maintaining the good health of our servers and systems in a mixed Linux and Windows environment, with a main focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring. He/she will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level applicative support for the systems under his responsibility.
The main tasks of the Application Administrator are to:
- Be responsible for the proper daily operations of Linux and Windows systems under his/her, such as distributed storage nodes, file transfer servers, web and database hosting, as well as various other proprietary and open-source software;
- Provide applicative support on tools and applications used by the partner base;
- Install and maintain physical/virtual servers and related software;
- Coordinate with various internal teams when tasks need to be delegated (ex: firewall configuration);
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Provide advanced troubleshooting in emergency situations;
- Perform system and application patching, as well as keeping the operating systems and software up to date;
- Maintain documentation regarding installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures related to the systems;
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical designs and standards;
- Resolve all incidents and tasks.
- Answer internal client questions;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required (including on-call rotations);
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in systems administration in a 300+ servers environment.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations; being able to resolve problems with outside the box thinking;
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision and hand holding;
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times;
- Be a team player; ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a world team;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills and maintain a good relationship with our clients;
- Ability to handle stress and work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
- Ability to work in a DevOps environment;
- Willingness to learn new concepts and technologies;
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems; CentOS 6/7 or related distributions;
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems; Windows 10, Server 2012/2016;
- Working knowledge of system configuration management concepts and tools
- Good knowledge of automation scripting;
- Good knowledge of internet technologies and concepts such as TCP, UDP and higher level protocols such as DNS, HTTP;
- Good knowledge of general networking concepts; routing, switching, security and IP addressing;
- Good knowledge of MySQL, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL database usage and administration;
- Good knowledge of storage concepts like SAN, NAS, etc;
- Good knowledge of monitoring solutions like Zabbix;
- Working with external cloud (AWS).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.