Application Specialist (Peoplesoft)
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The role of the Application Specialist is to autonomously support end-users on incidents related to applications and maintain communication through the troubleshooting and resolution.
He/she also provides functional support, and guarantees to his internal clients the good functionality of one or several IT applications.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Application Specialist are to:
- Perform functional and basic technical analysis on the assigned support tickets and handle the communication with the users;
- Collaborate closely with the technical analysts in order to identify the best solution for the bug corrections/developments in the requested deadlines;
- Create working procedures, build-up knowledge databases and functional documentation;
- Provide trainings for the key and final users, providing a global vision of an integrated system;
- Create SQL queries and request data updates in the database;
- Perform regular system monitoring and data clean-up activities;
- Carry out all other related task.
- Diploma in Information Technology, Finance, HR or equivalent experience
- Work experience of at least one to two years within the IT/ Customer Support department;
- Previous experience in IT projects would be a plus.
- Skills in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Handle change management
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- English is a must
- basic SQL /Oracle database knowledge
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.