Application Security Engineer
10 days ago
EA's Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response (SPEAR) team ensures that all EA products are developed with security and gameplay integrity as a top priority. We partner with platform development teams and game studios to ensure that our players can enjoy playing games securely and fairly.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to improve the security and gameplay integrity posture of a multi-platform, live service title, and its supporting services. You will report to the Senior Manager of the Verification and Pentest team, and maintain close relationships with SPEAR's Architecture and Design, and Gameplay Integrity Operations teams. Embedded in and working with the game studio, you will focus on the title through multiple iterative stages of product and service design, development and playtesting. The design reviews, threat modelling and security assessments you perform will cover everything from web applications, to network infrastructure, to thick clients and servers. You will help studio partners to make security-focused design and implementation choices. You will find and help to fix security and gameplay integrity issues at scale, protecting our our data, employee data and our players. You understand security principles, hands-on experience of vulnerability assessment, and a passion to learn new technologies, challenge assumptions, and create new solutions.
- Deliver design reviews and static and dynamic assessments on products running on PC, web, mobile and consoles, identifying and driving the remediation of security and gameplay integrity issues.
- Partner with SPEAR teams on the scoping and delivery of complex and specialist assessments, making best use of SPEAR subject matter expertise.
- Develop a broad and deep technical understanding of a single EA title, and central service dependencies, using that understanding to guide your reviews and recommendations.
- Correctly rate the security or gameplay integrity impact of discovered vulnerabilities and articulate remediation steps to product teams.
- Guide remediation of vulnerabilities by directly engaging studio developers, providing guidance on fixes and preventative security test cases.
- Partner with SPEAR to translate important industry security and gameplay security trends into applicable recommendations to the studio development team.
- Develop educational materials to the studio development team, to raise security IQ.
- Hands-on experience with security assessment tools and understanding of their applicability and limitations in different assessment scenarios.
- Experience in 2 or more of the following domains and expertise in at least one: Networking, OS Internals, Cloud Architecture, Web frameworks, or Mobile Architecture
- Knowledge of best practices and common pitfalls in one or more of: cryptography, authentication mechanisms, authorization controls and DevSecOps
- Knowledge of multiple of the following exploitation techniques and expertise in at least one: XSS, SQLi, IDOR, MitM, DoS, BOF, or ROP
- Experience in rating and discussing vulnerabilities according to their CVSS scoring
- Experience engaging and explaining the importance of security issues and initiate new efforts in mitigating vulnerabilities at-scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Security, or equivalent industry experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.