Application Administrator (Windows)
Montreal QC ca
6 days ago
As a Tools DevOps, you will be joining Ubisoft’s Global Network Services (GNS) Production team which provide the best available tools for game production. Our partners are located around the globe in every Ubisoft studios’ and rely on us to maintain and improve their technical assets.
Your mission will be to look after, provide, and improve Ubisoft tools and systems. You will also manage and support a suite of in-house developed tools and applications, ensuring maximal availability of work environments all while providing high-quality technical/functional support to internal clients.
Within an Agile environment, you will be working closely with the development team and partake in discussions about the tools and their use within game production.
As the Tools DevOps, your main responsibilities are to:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of development team while providing level 1 and 2 application support;
- Work with the development team to maximize service availability and advance the scope of support;
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident and coordinate incident resolution with other IT teams when necessary;
- Identify and apply corrective measure to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
- Maintain optimal customer satisfaction levels;
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user facing documentation;
- Oversee application security;
- Stay informed of best practices and develop leading expertise in Ubisoft’s technologies;
- Daily monitoring and maintenance activities;
- Define new process improvement opportunities.
Please note that this role requires on call rotation for 24/7 support, 1 week every 5 weeks.
- College or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experiences.
- 2+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Windows Server (2012 R2, 2016 and 2019) as well as Internet Information Services (IIS);
- Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues (firewall, load balancer, proxy…);
- Good Knowledge of scripting and automation (Powershell, Bash, Python);
- Basic knowledge of Linux (Centos or RedHat);
- Basic Knowledge of .Net and.Net Core framework;
- Knowledge of MS SQL is a considerable asset;
- Knowledge of monitoring tool (ELK Stack, Zabbix, etc.) is an asset;
- Knowledge of high availability and fail over application system concept is an asset;
- Knowledge in containerization (Docker and Kubernetes) is an asset;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment where time-management, stress management and prioritization of work are key;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
- Customer support centric mindset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (Oral and Written comprehension of English).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.