Anti-Cheat Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
11 days ago
There are millions code lines that make EA SPORTS games. There are millions of EA SPORTS players generating billions of events every day. The Game Security teams within EA SPORTS help make the games safe, secure and fun by partnering with the various development teams, analyzing large volumes of data and responding to Security incidents.
As an Anti-Cheat Software Engineer, you will partner with game developers, data scientists, fraud analysts, and other security software engineers to address some of the most interesting game Security challenges out there within the anti-cheat space. You will help with researching, designing and building solutions applicable to the wide portfolio of EA SPORTS titles to prevent and detect instances of cheating, botting, and integrity tampering.
- Research, design, develop, support, and integrate anti-cheat and anti-bot solutions that detect and protect against malicious behavior.
- Reverse engineer exploits and software used to cheat and bot.
- Design, develop and execute exploits to test the game Security posture and the existing solutions.
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various Security threats impacting Game Security.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews.
- Communicate Security risk to technical audience and propose pragmatic mitigation options.
- Partner with other security software engineers, data scientists, and security product managers to contribute towards the continuing security posture improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of progressively complex experience in game security and/or reverse engineering
- Working Knowledge and understanding of security best practices pertaining to at least one of the following: Windows and Kernel low level, Android/iOS security research
- Excellent Assembly and/or C/C++ programming skills, Java and/or Scala knowledge an asset
Nice to have Qualifications and Experience
- Game Security experience
- Worked on online games with virtual economy
- One or more of the following certificates: CISSP, CEH, SSCP, CCSP