14 days ago
When you’re an Anti-cheat Engineer at Ubisoft San Francisco, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with securing the low-level network features, protecting the game client and servers from exploits, and hardening our game infrastructure. You are an essential part of a team that holds the player’s connected experience at the core of its mission.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the game be as responsive as possible in multiplayer matches? Does the latency meet a pro-gamer’s expectations? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features. You’ll ensure our players enjoy the ultimate multiplayer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Optimize low-level networking systems to improve latency
- Integrate online services into the game engine
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve the game’s network replication
- Educate content creators and gameplay engineers on how to maximize network reliability and replication
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection
- Maintain and extend documentation on network-oriented features and systems
- Debug and optimize existing gameplay networking
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- C/C++ experience with understanding of multi-threaded programming techniques
- Experience building games as an engineer for PlayStation, Xbox, or PC
- Experience with off-the-shelf anti-cheat products, such as Easy Anti-Cheat or Battleye
- Understanding of computer and console game networking systems and technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a part of a team
- Self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution to fully cover your deductible (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical challenge, and eSports competition reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Membership to One Medical
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.