This job might no longer be available.
Anti-Cheat Data Scientist
14 days ago
The Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team ensures that all EA products are developed with the security and gameplay integrity of our players as a top priority. We partner with both platform development teams and game studios to ensure that security and gameplay integrity issues are identified and resolved throughout the application and service lifecycle.
You will be a member of the Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team, reporting to the Anti-Cheat Development Manager. You will work with the anti-cheat development team in developing statistical models and analytical reports to keep our games fair, fun, and free of cheaters.
As a Data Scientist on our anti-cheat team, you will be a part of a global security team and will work with game and central tech development teams to:
- Research and Build (develop/test/validate) new statistical/ML models to support and enhance our anti-cheat capabilities
- Define and implement core metrics in alignment with EA’s Positive Play Charter
- Develop automated dashboards and other self-service reporting tools for our partner game teams
- Catalog existing available data sets, categorize their value, and suggest new features to implement to expand and enhance the quality of available data
- Establish best practices for the anti-cheat team to follow as we grow the data science field for gameplay integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative/statistics-related fields or relevant professional experience
- Strong coding skills in Python or R.
- Adept at ML code stacks and analytics/visualization tools, such as PrestoSQL, Tableau, or Looker
- Experience with online gaming and interest in the cheating problem space
- 3+ years experience defining and implementing new ML practices and methodologies
- 3+ years experience with agile development practices and Git (or related version control technologies)
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $106,900 - $158,600
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $94,450 - $158,600
- New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $94,450 - $158,600
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $94,450 - $133,100
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $94,450 - $159,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.