This job might no longer be available.
4 months ago
At Wooga, we want to create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. We want to provide a place for them to be part of exciting worlds and touch their hearts with our stories. We're based in the heart of Berlin, where about 200 employees from around the world work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for an animator who will work closely with artists, writers, designers, engineers, product managers, and producers, to produce animations, that touch the hearts and tell a story. You will be working in a central team, supporting the production of all the Wooga games.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- You will be produce animation assets for various projects in different animation styles, aligned with the artistic vision of the game.
- You will drive the high quality of animation standards, as well as improvement of the processes.
- You will inspire others, mentor less experienced artists, providing them with your support, and exchange feedback with your team members.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating your skills.
- You have experience working as an Animator, and possess a strong understanding of the principles of Animation, cinematography, storytelling and graphical design.
- You know your way around Animation skills in 3D and 2.5D, with focus on characters, creatures, game elements, gems, blockers, etc. Experience with prop and character VFX animation is nice to have.
- You are proficient in major 3D animation tool, i.e. Maya, Blender, etc.
Nice to have
- Technical Animation skills with a good understanding of character rigging. This includes a fundamental understanding of the technical processes involved, functionality and requirements.
- An understanding of implementing animation within a game engine - preferably Unity.
- Have an impact and shape the future! Work in the team that has an impact on all of the Wooga games!
- Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe’s most vibrant city, Socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- A relocation support which matches your needs to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.