Toronto Ontario M6R 2L2 Canada
11 days ago
Uken is looking for an Animator to join the team. This role will be responsible for creating character animations for new 3D games at Uken. Uken is a mobile game development studio that embraces product innovation as a strategy for success. In order to leverage our creative spirit we maintain a lean development strategy and sharp focus on delivering highly engaging experiences.
You’ll be working on meaningful things like:
- Creating 3D character animations
- Sequencing in game cutscenes
- Supporting project style and character personalities through your animations
- Animating environmental features
Your background should include:
- Comfort animating using Maya
- A strong understanding and feel for the Principles of Animation and body mechanics
- Comfort storyboarding out narrative beats
- Good communication skills and the ability to tackle tasks and feedback constructively
- Compositing, lighting, and/or digital visual effects experience and modelling, rigging, and/or texturing and experience working with Unity game engine is an asset
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant animation skills is required for consideration
We believe in a fun and meaningful office environment:
- You'll be equipped with a high end laptop, monitor, and mobile device
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast and a snack-filled kitchen (in office)
- Uken social nights including social mixers, game night and more...
- Convenient location at the corner of Front & John
Note: Due to Covid-19, this role will begin as a work from home position and will move to 15 John St. when the office re-opens
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month.
We consider ourselves data driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and leaves them wanting more. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries with a focus on practical use.
We take entertainment seriously.
Uken welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who would contribute to the further diversification of our team.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com