This job might no longer be available.
Bucharest Bucharest ro
6 months ago
We are looking for an Animator to join our Production teams.
- Understands the main needs of the consumer and makes sure that the elements developed by him/her will contribute to the satisfaction and the entertainment of the consumer;
- Delivers work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project;
- Work alongside the other departments and disciplines to understand both the Design and the Engine limitations and deliver the best functional animations possible;
- Animate characters, cameras or objects used for real time or pre-calculated sequences;
- Integrate animations to the game while ensuring technical constraints are met;
- Deliver animatic and quick draft animation to proof idea;
- Produce final, high quality animation from scratch, pre-designed draft or motion capture footage;
- Participate in the creation and realization of in-game animations as well as of cinematic sequences;
- Follows the quality standards, the aspects of the game wanted as well as the respect of the deadlines;
- Share his/her experience and help the less experienced members of the team;
- Reports to the Lead Animator / Technical Director.
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry;
- Knowledge of a 3d package - 3DSMAX, Character Studio and MotionBuilder;
- Have a good understanding of animation principles – timing, weight and staging;
- Good knowledge and experience in keyframing executing convincing, realistic, well timed animations;
- Good rigging skills, understands all aspects of character rigging and skinning;
- Good understanding of motion capture technique and mo-cap data processing knowledge;
- Good understanding of acting;
- Very good artistic skills;
- Critical analysis and problem solving;
- Self-motivated with proactive attitude to improve own qualifications;
- Open to receive and act on constructive criticism;
- Ability to learn game engine tools and pipeline;
- Effectively shares his knowledge and is able to coach less experienced people;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize his work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements;
- Very good English skills;
We consider a plus:
- Experience in the gaming industry will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in melee combat animation system;
- Experience with hitbox based gameplay systems;
- Scripting (maxscript, python).
Applications without portfolio won’t be considered!
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Take a look to see life@ Ubisoft Romania:
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.