Toronto Ontario Canada
14 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. This approach has helped us in curbing the cost of licensed software and build an opportunity to invest in additional artistic and programming talent.
Tangent Animation strives to find solid team players that thrive on collaboration and community commitment to build open source capabilities. Tangent Animation is currently recruiting for Animators (Jr./Mid/Senior) to work collaboratively with our studio team.
Responsibilities include -
- Understand the assigned scenes and their purpose in the story then create animated character performances to effectively serve that purpose
- Work collaboratively with team members, leads, supervisors and producers to effectively & efficiently meet assigned weekly quotas
- Animated performances are to meet the quality standard of the studio while also meeting given deadlines
- Revise shots as directed
- Learn from peers and strive to grow artistically to become a stronger performer
- Proactively recognize problems and troubleshoot solutions.
- A minimum of 2 years animation experience producing quality work with high-end 3D animation tools for film and television
- Demonstrated knowledge of animation timing, posing, lip sync, acting and storytelling techniques.
- Possess solid proficiency animating using Blender is an asset.
- High level of creativity and willingness to participate in a team environment
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all aspects of animation, including rigging
- Must be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and be able to independently handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Experience with Shotgun a plus.
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Interested candidates to share the link to their demo reels, along with their resume.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.