15 days ago
Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games are a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Who you are:
As a human, you’re a visionary explorer, a pursuer of fun, and focused on building community. You see an opportunity within games to do more and to have more than “ just a job”. You’ve had unique experiences both at work and personally that have expanded your curiosities to seek the root of a problem, to seek out issues, and work with people to explore solutions! Your experiences have made you who you are, and that has led to you understanding the importance of diversity in both thinking and in people. Oh, and games… You may like those, too!
Who you are at work:
You lead with humility in all that you do. You showcase passion for your craft through the work you produce and the service you give to others. It brings a smile to your face giving life to art and making those pixels move! You connect with people through humour and curiosity and these elements make up some of the foundation in your approach to communication.
What impact will you have as an Animator at Timbre:
- You’ll be hands-on from day one, working on keyframe animations on our prototype through to production
- Work on bringing life to, but not limited to, characters and quadrupeds
- Not only will you build the animations in Maya, you’ll implement and test them in Unreal
- You’ll partner with our Creative Director, Animation Team & Design; breaking down requirements to create and enhance the player experience
- Partner with our Technology teams to help define and refine animation tools and pipelines
- Your passion for creation will be infectious across Timbre Games and you will elevate the Animation team
- You’ll join a small and talented animation team; becoming a key part in shaping the future of Animation at Timbre; whether that’s process or people
Your track record might include:
- 3+ years animation experience
- Worked in a game development environment before. You’ll be diving straight into the Unreal Engine
- A portfolio of delivered digital projects and games that showcases quality, diversity and clearly breaks down the work you’ve done.
- Strong keyframe animation skills
- To complement our current team, familiarity with rigging would be desirable!
- Highly skilled communication, both verbally and digitally, to different disciplines within the studio as well as external partners where required
- Ability to embrace as well as give constructive feedback and iterate efficiently
- Experience working with a team where people come first and culture isn’t defined by a cheesy poster on the wall
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
DO I NEED TO MEET ALL CRITERIA TO APPLY?
Definitely not! If you share our mission of creating games that are accessible for everyone, we’d love to meet you and see what is possible!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: email@example.com
Please upload a link to your portfolio for us to review!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.