Stockholm 111 56 SE
8 days ago
“All right, seriously you wankers, what the f is going on!?” - Hoxton
Starbreeze is now looking for talented and highly motivated Animators to join our award-winning team in Stockholm, for the next generation of Payday.
As an Animator at Starbreeze, you will be responsible for bringing to life a wide variety of characters while making stunning animations that are both fluid and responsive... You will be part of a creative team generating highly polished animations. You will assist in the design of the project by providing pre-visualization animations for gameplay elements as well as evolve and refine motion for characters, weapons, vehicles, and environmental objects.
- Work with the Animation Director, Lead animator, design and art teams to visualize and create high-quality animations.
- Optimize animations to meet technical constraints and make any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction.
- Understand, capture and manipulate mocap data for in-game animation systems.
- Create animations from realistic Mocap based movements to high stylized hand-keyed motions depending on the needs of the project.
- Be able to prototype animation systems that will serve as a basis for animation and gameplay-related discussions.
- Understand, capture and manipulate Mocap for in-game animation systems
- Estimate the time required to carry out own tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Report any potential animation-released issues to the immediate supervisor
- Carry out all other related tasks
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry, specifically associated with character and object animation.
- Understanding and application of both keyframe and performance capture animation in a real-time environment.
- Technical experience working with game engines and game animation implementation
- Experience in Maya and equally comfortable in Motion Builder
- Expert knowledge of basic principles of animation: timing, dynamics, and body mechanics
- Deep understanding of anatomy and human kinetic
- Understanding of the character development process and its technical dependencies and limitations
- Ability to adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations
- Excellent organizational, teamwork, and communication skills
- Aptitude for learning new systems quickly
Good to Have:
- Shipped 2+ titles as an animator
- We also consider storyboarding skills as strong positives.
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and animation reel, and look forward to meeting you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and cover letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and cover letter to be considered.