7 days ago
Animation is the bread and butter for bringing life and character to our games. This is the core of what we do and we’re interested in animators who are interested in techniques that will allow us to execute fantastic stylized animations that surprise people. We're looking for someone who wants to bring narrative-driven content to life and is unrelenting in that pursuit.
At Squanch Games, we make stuff that people love; Games that we want to play ourselves. We make experiences that we would like to be totally immersed in and enjoy for hours at a time, as well as shorter, crazier experiences that would be great to play with a group of friends or possibly with stray homeless people that you invited in so you could feed and bathe them.
If you share these values, come join us!
- Be comfortable working with the animation>engine pipeline.
- Own your own animation tasks, and be comfortable using Jira to update and track them, and working with tech and design to implement them.
- Be an individual contributor: You rock at creating quality animation and using your creativity to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Be flexible in your animation style: Capable of following a given style or technique.
- Be awesome at working with remote teams. Slack is your jam.
- A credited shipper: You have some experience in games or interactive experiences with at least one title as an animator.
- Capable of receiving and addressing feedback from your lead.
- Collaborative: Willing to work with the rest of the team to implement your animations.
- Tech-friendly: We need folks who are flexible and willing to dive in and make changes when necessary or learn how to do so. You are comfortable with game engines, editors, and Maya.
- Bonus points if you have experience with UE4 blueprints!