This job might no longer be available.
Gameplay Animator - New IP
23 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Animator to join a new cross-platform, free-to-play, multiplayer, action RPG on an original IP. Animation is our bread and butter when we are bringing life and character to our games. The craft is instrumental to the experience - visually and through gameplay.
An Animator at Phoenix Labs has impact through thoughtfully walking the line between artistic expression and driving gameplay on a game-by-game basis. They have a background and expert knowledge of craft principles, and a deep passion for stylized, hand-keyed animation. You will leverage your technical knowledge and problem solving skills to collaborate with engineers and other developers to ensure your assets feel and behave as intended.
We are also open to hiring a Senior Animator based on experience.
- Work closely with the Art Director and the rest of the animation team to help establish and reinforce quality and style throughout the product
- Proactively share knowledge and mentor up and coming animators
- Help guide creative execution in reviews or dailies such that the work satisfies project and quality goals
- Help contribute to animation workflow documentation for the internal team as well as external partners
- Quickly blockout animations for prototyping, take them through implementation and final high-quality polish while striving to get the best gameplay feel
- Heavily influence the development of our animation workflows, tools, and pipelines
- Set animation standards throughout the studio and regularly share techniques within the animation community internally as well as externally at events
- 4+ years of experience as an Animator or Senior Animator in game development with a focus on realtime gameplay animation
- An expert understanding of Maya
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong knowledge of the principles of animation and how to apply them to elevate gameplay
- Experience animating various character types from bipedal humans to multi-limbed creatures
- The ability to balance creative goals with the requirements of production
- Strong knowledge of and experience creating/modifying animation rigging systems is a bonus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.