1 year ago
Keywords, world’s leading provider of game development services, established in Dublin in 1998, now has 55+ studios across Europe, North and South America and Asia with 9500+ employee strength.
Lakshya, a keywords studio in India is one of the world’s leading provider of game art creation services. It creates 3D and 2D art and animation for major international game development studios in the US, Japan and Europe.
Lakshya is headquartered in Gurgaon and has a team of over 450+ employees spread across studio facilities in Gurgaon, Pune, Bangalore and Seattle, and sales offices in San Diego and Tokyo. Setup in 2004, Lakshya has, over the last 12 years, created a reputation in the game development industry for being a highly talented and dependable game art studio.
Scope of the Role:
- Create animations as per client’s specifications and quality requirements within the budgeted time and effort. This could involve creating animations from scratch or cleanup and processing of high quality 3d motion capture data.
- Efficiently plan work and ensure that all relevant information regarding the task is collected and is readily available before commencing work.
- Create tasks with zero defects and in the most efficient manner, and as per plan.
- Diligently follow organizational best practices and mandated processes.
- Ensure that they communicate questions, challenges, work status and new learnings to Leads, PMs and project team members appropriately and on time.
- Contribute to the success of the project by performing own role well, and proactively helping other team members.
- Study the task specifications and client brief thoroughly before initiating estimation or commencing work on tasks. Understand the information provided and highlight to the Lead any missing or contradictory information.
- Provide a list of queries to the Lead to seek clarification on the task allocated. Ensure that maximum clarity is achieved regarding the specifications, art direction and approach for a task before commencing work on it.
- Work closely with the Lead to arrive at appropriate effort estimates for tasks.
- Ensure that there is no ambiguity or confusion regarding any aspect (specifications, timelines etc.) of the task in hand. Should not make any unwarranted assumptions. Should red flag to the Lead/sub-Lead any confusion or ambiguity.
- Before commencing work on the task, ensure that there is clear identification of the approach to be taken to create the task as well as daily work completion targets and the same have been discussed with the Lead/sub-Lead before finalization.
- Collect adequate and appropriate references before commencing work.
- Create animations from scratch OR cleanup and process high quality 3d motion capture data.
- If required, carry out any post-production processes that may be required. This could include activities such as making animations game-engine ready and checking them in the engine.
- Provide daily update of task status to Lead/sub-Lead.
- Proactively solve artistic and technical problems encountered while working on a task. Discuss such solutions with Lead/sub-Lead before implementing them. Red-flag unsolved problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain and improve own productivity by completing work within the time allocated. This includes art tasks taken to completion or to a predetermined point where it is to be handed over to a polishing artist.
- Adopt organization mandated Best Practices and Work Processes while working on a task.
- Deliver high quality work with zero QC errors and resulting in minimal iteration. Diligently check task against checklist to ensure that the task complies with all specifications.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Skilled at using industry standard software such as Maya, 3D Studio Max Motion Builder etc.
- Skilled at cleaning up and processing high quality Mocap data.
- Proficient in creating human and creature animations
- Knowledge of traditional animation fundamentals
- Good knowledge of game art creation pipeline
- 1 to 5 years of experience as a game animator.