This job might no longer be available.
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
4 days ago
The Role: Animator
This role requires the candidate to have specialized in the area of animation realization, focusing on the implementation process.
- Work closely with the animation team to implement animation content.
- Work closely with the Animation Software Engineer, together with the Animation Director and Technical Director, to solve technical animation challenges.
- Ensure that the animation team are able to achieve a high level of fluidity and believability with the animations at run time i.e. smooth transitions, natural weight shifts, variety and depth
- Ensure that the responsiveness and overall design of the character motions conform to the objectives of the design team
- Innovate and push the boundaries for achieving believable character motion, from a technical implementation perspective – with a particular focus on marrying the characters to both their environments and the situations that they’re in, whilst ensuring that they have plenty of personality!
- Proactive in problem identification and forging solutions
- Help to design, plan and coordinate the animation workloads for the project (from a more technical perspective)
- Help to establish efficient pipelines and procedures
- Define, communicate and estimate tasks in a proficient and organized manner
Required skills and experience
- Experience working on at least 2 AAA titles, Action Adventure genre preferred
- 4+ years using proprietary animation tools and setting up state flows with an established game engine i.e. Unreal, Unity, CryEngine
- Experience working on at least one title that demonstrates more advanced locomotion/animation techniques, that your position has been pivotal in realizing
- In depth knowledge and experience working with core animation implementation techniques, for example; parametric blends, additives, partitioned animations, phase matching, IK solutions, ragdoll… (and numerous other procedural solutions)
- Experience working with both animation driven and physics driven gameplay systems with an understanding of the requirements for root/trajectory motion.
- Experience helping to realize the motions - from a technical implementation perspective - for bipedal, quadrupedal and creature based motions
- Excellent problem solving skills. The candidate must be able to identify issues and resolve them efficiently
- A solid understanding of animation principals and anatomy
- Have a proactive work ethic – not afraid to take on sizeable animation related challenges
- Able to communicate well with other disciplines (especially designers and software engineers)
- Have a very positive outlook and an approachable persona – a solid team player!
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience working with character motion that has a more exaggerated, heavily stylized aesthetic
- Experience utilizing true squash and stretch techniques > blend-shapes and pose space deformation would prove beneficial
- Experience working with advanced facial animation rigs
- Experience with MEL, Python, C# or C++
- A capable key-framer and motion editor
- Experience working with Maya and Motion Builder
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav