4 days ago
Do you like action and strategy games, watch lots of movies, play games, animate on your spare time and relish bringing characters to life?
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative mind to help develop a new game in a stylized setting. You will be responsible for creating high quality animations for in-game, cinematics, and previsualizations.
- Produce high quality animation related to in-game action and matches established style.
- Proficient in animating stylized animation.
- Creating meaningful, readable animation based on defined game cameras.
- Able to demonstrate unique animations to support gameplay readability.
- Take direction from the Art Director, and Animation leads to maintain a coherent aesthetic thread throughout the project.
- Collaborate with the character team and designers to drive and ensure continued quality.
- Experience with game engines/animation state trees.
- Rigging knowledge using authoring tools.
- Experience in Maya or equivalent animation package.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- A demo reel that demonstrates your animation ability for characters.
- 3+ years experience in animation.
- Maya python skills a plus.
- Knowledge of Unity is a bonus, but not a requirement.
- Knowledgeable about strategy and action adventure games.
- Has worked on a shipped project.
- Has worked in an animation pipeline for a game project.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development--whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.