14 days ago
Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a Character Animator to create appealing and engaging creatures and player animations for the New World Team. New World is an Open World MMO that pits players against the haunted wilderness of Aeternum, a mysterious island in the twilight of the Age of Exploration. As the Character Animator, you will collaborate with Animation Team, Art Team, and Design Team, help maintain or develop workflows, and create amazing animation to delight our customers. You’ll use a combination of key frame animation and motion capture techniques to bring characters to life. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
What you will do:
· Work with Animation Team, Art team and Design Team to create in game animations that are incredibly satisfying to play and exiting to watch.
· You’ll use a combination of key frame and motion capture techniques to bring human and creature characters to life.
· Offer and receive criticism and critique equally well to help constantly raise our team’s quality bar.
· Work with our technical artist to define and improve our animation pipeline.
· Help Producers set realistic expectations for animation creation.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· Link to a demo reel with description of your work per shot
· 3+ years of experience in the games industry as an animator or equivalent work in a related field
· 1+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field, or equivalent work experience
· Excellent time management and work discipline.
· Experience working with outsourcing
· Skill in another art-related fields – Illustration, painting, technical art
· Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.