19 days ago
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob’s experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As an Animator, you will create and edit photorealistic 1st and 3rd-person animations for COD projects. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of animation principles and can problem solve with riggers and technical designers.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Lead, Sr. Animators, and Designers to identify and implement the animation needs of the game.
- Plan, animate, implement and support complex animations.
- Build great animation using motion capture data or making original work through keyframe animation.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams, including art, design, and audio.
- Manage day-to-day development issues, identify problems, and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- Own animation sets and/or scenes.
- Implement and maintain animation assets delivered by outsourcing.
- 3 - 5 years of animation experience in the game industry.
- Broad knowledge of gameplay and cinematic keyframe animation.
- Knowledge of Motion Capture Editing and cleanup.
- You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and work ethic.
- Experience with Maya.
- Experience with facial animation.
- Experience animating non-humanoid characters.
- Experience with cinematic layout and animation.
- Passion for first-person shooters.
- Experience creating and editing stylized 1st and 3rd person animations.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.