Animator - UFC
13 days ago
Animator - UFC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the electrifying spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through inventive gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
We are looking for a talented and creative Presentation Animator to join our EA Sports UFC team, someone passionate about creating highly believable cinematic and NIS performances, performances that immerses, engages, and delights our audiences. Our candidate will need to display strong problem-solving capabilities while balancing quality in completing their tasks
- Work with the Animation Director, leads & team to establish and maintain animation quality expectations for the project
- Work with Motion Capture data and animate Cinematics and NISs that support the game narrative
- Animate realistic human performances that convey character personality and believability
- Collaborate effectively across multiple departments including art, tech and production
- Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot day to day issues and work with team members to find solutions
- Actively contribute to the continued improvements of the techniques and best practices of the animation team as well as offer mentorship where applicable
- Animation production experience in film and or video games
- Experience editing motion capture data and key-frame animations
- Proficient in human anatomy & biomechanics
- A high level of proficiency working with Motion Builder or Maya
- Experience working and communicating with designers and engineers brainstorming and iterating on the results in the engine
- Solid and proactive problem solving skills; able to identify issues and help manage and resolve
- Experience working with external development, reviewing animation work, creating documentation both written and in video format to communicate quality expectations and workflows
Nice to Have
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience using proprietary animation/creation tools like Unreal and Unity – state-graphs etc...
- An understanding of cinematography and experience animating cameras is helpful
- Experience working with project tracking software like Jira (or similar)
- You play games, with an interest in playing many different types of video games
- Martial arts, MMA, or boxing knowledge or experience is a huge plus!