12 days ago
Supermassive Games are a BAFTA-winning, independent game developer with a reputation for innovation in storytelling and VR. Best known for the critically acclaimed PS4 hit Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology.
We are looking for a talented Technical Animator to join us and help craft high-end cinematic horror-games. You will be involved in all aspects of the animation pipeline collaborating with other key disciplines to implement and iterate content. From performance capture editing to hand key. From realistic facial animation to ragdoll simulation. From cinematography to in-game state machines.
- We will need to see a showreel which demonstrates a love for animation and the ability to create high-quality work.
- Demonstrable technical aptitude from these areas; scripting, simulations, state machines or other.
Key skills and Responsibilities:
- This is a hybrid role where a high level of artistic and technical expertise is required. You will be expected to turn your hand to the entire animation pipeline as necessary.
- Key-frame animation showcasing principles and fundamentals of animation.
- Scripting experience.
- A focus on delivering a great game experience.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, engineering and game designers.
- Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and grow.
- Unreal Engine 4.
- Houdini would be an advantage.
Nice to Have:
- Python Scripting.
- Experience running physics simulations.
- Experience with motion capture editing.
- The ability to create realistic bipedal animation.
- Knowledge of realistic facial animation.
- Rigging and Skinning.
- Cinematography and editing experience.
- State machine creation.
Why join us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Pension and life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games