Animator - PGA Tour
8 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey and EA SPORTS UFC .
PGA Tour is looking for the next great Animator who will report into one of our Producers. You will portray movement and behavior by building their animations from connecting through production, at multiple points in the asset pipeline with us.In EA SPORTS, most often their skill is used to give life to the human characters in the game, but sometimes, animations are also applied to objects, scenery, vegetation, environmental effects, and other objects. Animators will create emotionally believable characters that allow gamers to work with the game, in a realistic and believable fashion with us. In a game like Madden, the gamer expects the animated action to be a realistic representation of the action they would see in an actual football game. They also believe that the narrative moments should be true to the sport that is represented.
EA Animators use specialized software packages, including Maya, Motion Builder, and our proprietary animation engine to create the animations for in-game behaviors, predefined sequences (or cut scenes) and narrative cinematics. Other responsibilities would include creating animation blending, tagging, state transitions, compression, prop integration and camera authoring.
- You will create high-quality animation with us using a variety of tools and techniques, including motion capture cleanup, motion blending, hand keyframed animation
- You will ensure all animations contribute to the direction of the game with us, both in the experience and the story being told
- 2+ years of experience in the technical aspects of rigging and skinning characters for animation.
- Animate believable weight, and mood, through realistic human performances - includes interactivity with props.
- Demonstrate an understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals.
- Experience with facial animation solving and work within their technical workflows and tool sets
- proficiency in animation packages including Maya and MotionBuilder.
- Production experience or demonstrated ability to work in a production game engine (e.g. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite )
- Knowledge of camera work, prop integrations, mocap processing and Shotgun.
- Degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with facial animation solving solutions
- Technical animation background
- Experience with Speech Graphics tools