San Diego, California, United States
3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
San Diego, CA
As an animator working on MLB The Show, you will work closely with the animation team to craft animations that are compelling and visually appealing in order to provide the user with the greatest experience possible.
- You will build, edit and implement motion capture data assign by the Lead Animator or mentor.
- You will work with designers and programmers to implement and iterate on these motions to craft compelling, entertaining, and visually appealing game play and/or cinematic events
- You will learn and utilize custom tools and basic scripting
- Additional duties may be assigned to you as needed
- Experience animating with motion capture
- Some experience working on gameplay and/or interactive animation
- Some experience animating realistic humans
- Have a deep understanding of weight and timing in your animation performances
- Possess an understanding of art tools and processes in 3D Animation and Motion Capture editing/cleanup.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must have a deep understanding of MotionBuilder
- Knowledge of Maya a plus
- Familiar with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, in-game 3D animation, pose blending, motion capture, and rigging
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.