5 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented Face Animator who possess a passion for Animation in video games industry. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We create facial animations for all characters and animals appearing in cinematic and gameplay sequences in our games.
- We enhance face performances adding emphasis to key face shapes and movements to help create compelling and realistic characters.
- We review face animations and implement feedback from lead reviews.
- We work collaboratively with the global animation teams to problem solve and implement face performances across all characters in our games.
- Create visually stunning 3D facial animations.
- Work closely with our global studios to create balanced solutions to any related technical and aesthetic issues.
- Animate natural and expressive motion to create realistic and fluid facial animations.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or equivalent Animation Courses.
- Hand key facial animation experience required.
- Outstanding demo reel demonstrating good understanding of animation principles with a focus on high quality facial animation.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual, with deep-rooted interest in video games and game development.
- Advanced knowledge in one of: 3D Studio Max, MotionBuilder, or equivalent 3D program.
- Exceptional skill in animating human and animal faces.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with members of our global teams.
- Strong understanding of development issues involved in getting animations into a game.
- Thrive to learn constantly and be receptive to the changes.
- Be able to manage own self and be a team player.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Proven industry experience as an animator on at least one AAA title.
- Proficiency in Faceware, Dynamixyz or similar package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.