Animator - 4 month contract
12 days ago
Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
The Role -
We’re looking for a talented Animator to work on “I Am Fish”
Working closely with the Art Lead & team you’ll help shape the vision of the game and bring the concepts & ideas to life through the creation of animation for human and fish characters.
I Am Fish
I Am Fish is a larger than life adventure. You're a small fish making your way through a huge, towering, human world to go back home to the ocean.
The prototype version of the game has gained more than 17 million views on Youtube from top influencers such as PewDiePie, DanTDM and Markiplier, as well as over 81,000 hours watched on Twitch.
Click to watch the I Am Fish Prototype trailer
- Animating characters to an excellent standard
- Creating snappy and responsive animation cycles that execute on the vision of the game design
- Follow the defined look and feel of the animation set by the lead animator.
- Collaborating with the development team to ensure all animation fits the project requirements
- Excellent understanding of animation principles and their application to cycles in games
- Games industry experience as an animator on a number of released titles
- Experience dealing with gameplay animations
- Expert knowledge of Maya 2018's animation toolset
- Experience with Unity and Mechanim beneficial
- Passion for humourous, fun and exciting animation