Animation Tools and Pipeline Programmer
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced animation tools programmer for the development of a new unannounced title!
You’re into animation. You’re into tools. You’re into making everyone else’s life better. You spend your time figuring out how to get the best animations possible into games by designing and building efficient tools and pipelines. Your ideas result in workflow improvements, slick user interfaces, and optimizations that will decrease iteration times.
- Design, implement, own, and maintain animation tools and build pipeline
- Interface with stakeholders such as other engineers, animators, technical animators, and character tech artists
- Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize software systems to remove bottlenecks and improve performance
- Test and document code produced
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years professional programming experience
- Expertise in C and C++
- Working knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of 3D authoring packages (e.g. Maya or MotionBuilder)
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Good collaborator within a large, diverse team
- Animation experience that includes state machines, low-level systems, and compression
- Experience with game-facing techniques such as blending, curves, IK systems, and warping
- Knowledge of rigging systems
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$99,900 — $149,900 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.