Animation Supervisor - World of Warcraft
2 months ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Animation Supervisor - World of Warcraft
Your challenge is to help one of the most talented animation teams build and bring the creatures of Azeroth to life. We have been fostering epic experiences for over 15 years, and your goal is to help expand the characters, creatures, and stories. We want you to work closely with the Lead Animator overseeing animation to help drive the style forward.
Our ideal candidate has experience with animation leadership on multiple AAA games or films. We are looking for someone passionate about the World of Warcraft animation style and ways to take it to the next level.
- Create prototype animations and other benchmark assets
- Be the voice of the animation team
- Provide guidance during creative discussions with animators and team leadership
- Make decisions that keep the production moving forward
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business needs
- Partner with art management to ensure team is healthy and strong
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Provide direction and feedback for the animation team.
- Make decisions to drive production forward
- Work closely with art leadership to help achieve a consistent vision
- Explore a wide variety of ideas that push the WoW animation
- Ability to identify, mentor and grow talent
- Communicate with production, design, and other departments
- 5+ years of experience animating for film or video games with some leadership experience
- Exceptional skills in animating the humanoid bipeds, quadrupeds, and other creatures
- Understand the animation style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
- Able to collaborate closely with others and inclusive decision-maker
- Self-driven, passionate, creative problem solver, and a great team first attitude
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.