This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
The animation programmer is responsible for creating and perfecting the animation engine in order to enhance overall quality of animation.
- Develop a character/creature animation system.
- Develop interfaces with game systems (AI, character control, etc.).
- Develop tools for use by gameplay programmers and animators.
- Develop procedural animation tools and technologies.
- Collaborate with game productions to create next generation animation system.
- Programming experience with an emphasis on character animation
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Strong 3D math and computer graphics skills
- Experience in IK/FK systems
- Familiarity with building large and dynamically extensible applications
- Experience with multi-threaded engine programming on consoles (Xbox, Playstation)
- Experience building efficient code (CPU/GPU cost, memory usage, code size)
- Adapts to changing requirements
- Understands the overall development cycle of a game engine
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a schedule
- Ability to work with colleagues across different Ubisoft studios
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.