9 days ago
In our bespoke, ground-breaking, multi-threaded engine the Animation Programmer is instrumental in delivering high fidelity animated characters, vehicles, and environments in a large-scale interactive universe.
Whether it is working on customisable run-time rigged faces using our DNA system, researching seamless transitions via motion matching of large amounts of motion captured data or leveraging physicalized reactions together with animation driven ragdolls; the goal is always to be as ambitious as possible with focus on up-to-date technology, scalability for our massive scope and attention to every detail.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Animation Programmers do?
Although the Animation Programmer role is quite varied, the responsibilities boil down to five main areas:
- Designing and implementing well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust code.
- Collaborating with team members and other cross-functional disciplines to develop various animation systems.
- Working closely with animators to assist with asset pipeline, provide access to procedural solutions, handle complex transition flows and ensure end result achieves expected fidelity.
- Driving engineering principles and practices for your team, pushing boundaries and promoting new innovative ways of working.
- Supporting our growth culture and advocating knowledge sharing within your team.
What do we look for?
If you are passionate about making games, then you are halfway there! Although, we do need you know some programming, like:
- Comfort working with C++ in a large, shared codebase, including testing, code-reviews and source-control.
- Proficiency in 3D math and 3D animation, including procedural solutions, run-time rigging, layer blending and optimization.
- Ability to work well in a co-located yet collaborative team environment.
- Recognising the importance of communication, and often with non-technical teams, so ability to translate and present technical jargon to non-technical peers is paramount.
- Eager to challenge your own ideas and those of your peers – we thrive to be the best!
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several Animation Programmers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our Animation team sounds like your perfect fit, please apply immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.