This job might no longer be available.
Animation Programmer Internship
Cary, NC United States of America
7 months ago
Epic Games Unreal Engine Animation Team is looking for a smart, creative Animation Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining core systems of Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
- Work directly with the Fortnite animation team to support features that will be experienced by millions of players
- Learn extensive debugging techniques to help animators diagnose issues
- Working closely with the Engine team to support animation needs across Epic Games
- Animation feature development
- Working on optimizations in game
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Degree work in CS or related field
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Strong math skills, especially vector math, trigonometry and use of quaternions for orientation.
- Experience with animation state machines, low level animation systems, and/or physics-based IK systems
- Some level of exposure / understanding with multiple core system tasks such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- UE4 Gameplay experience is preferred: basics of networking, character movement, and blueprints
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!