Animation Programmer - Assassin’s Creed [VR] for the Oculus platform (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
10 days ago
The Animation Programmer will be responsible for the technical side of character animations within the project and will serve as a liaison between Character Animation Artists and Gameplay Programmers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Expand and maintain the animation layer between NPC behaviors and Unity's Mecanim system.
- Maintain the visual character prefabs.
- Create and update procedural animations and IK systems on NPCs.
- Implement real-time facial phoneme animation system for spoken audio lines.
- Support character ragdoll code and the animation side for grabbing, pushing, pulling.
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing systems and tools.
- Assist with performance optimization of animation systems, including levels of detail.
- Act as a technical contact between animation artists and feature team programmers.
- Collaborate with technical artists as needed.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience with an emphasis on character animation (at least 1 published title preferred)
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Experience in Unity and Unity's Mecanim system
- Strong 3D math and computer graphics skills
- Experience in IK/FK systems
- Debugging and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of modern animation techniques
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for an experienced and motivated Animation Programmer (f/m/d) that aspires to take games to the next level. In this AAA VR Unannounced Project you will develop and maintain high-value productions as Developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to possess a strong technical background and collaborate with teams all around the world!