Animation Producer/Line Producer
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
11 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Following our recent success with "Next Gen" (now on Netflix), Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for an experienced and accomplished Line Producer. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience working closely with Exec Producer and/or head of production, production accounting team, at the same time managing the expectations of the both the Producers (client) and Director
- Manage overall production schedule including interdepartmental workflow using MS Excel, Project and Shotgun and referring to internal reports such as burndown reports and cost reports to ensure project is delivered on time and budget
- Work with associate producer and accounting to Monitor/oversee budgets, schedules and priorities, balancing artistic and productivity requirements set out by the client
- Supervise and mentor production managers, associate production managers, coordinators, assistants and provide guidance and support to department leads
- Manage responsibilities of being one of the senior Tangent producers on the project and one of the main conduits of communication between the client and production
- Attend all relevant meetings and approval sessions to promote effective communication throughout the production team and provide leadership as needed
- Suggest production solutions to achieve overall production goals
- Track, document and report on major creative changes that affect budget/schedule to Producer in a timely manner
- Actively participate in the recruiting and staffing of the team; including assessing the work of prospective candidates through the hiring process and supervising efficient integration of new hires into the project's process
- Use interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, promote a collaborative production environment, and foster an atmosphere of cooperation and communication
- Minimum 7+ years production management experience in animation film production or equivalent
- Be pro-active and solution-oriented
- Experience with all parts of the animation production pipeline, including layout, modeling, shading, animation, effects, lighting, rendering, compositing and post
- Familiarity with all aspects of production management, including budget and schedule management, personnel and performance management
- Superior personnel management and team building skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to use positive tone and attitude to diffuse conflict, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment.
- Expert organizational, project management & time management skills
- Ability to anticipate and deal with an ever-changing production environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material
- Ability to work well under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to support artists in all disciplines
- Ability to pull together and focus diverse teams of artists
- Previous computer experience with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project, Shotgun and database applications required
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.