This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is lo oking for a Character Render Animation Lead. In this role you will work closely with the Marketing Art Director to direct and supervise the posing for all new outfits added to Fortnite. If you are passionate about games and the production of top-tier CG entertainment then we’d like to talk to you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following
- Define the direction and attitude for the high-res renders of all new outfits added to Fortnite
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Art Director and other shared services teams to create poses and compositions that satisfy the Art and Publishing teams’ strategic goals
- Provide mentorship and supervise the work of entry and mid level animators on multiple simultaneous projects
- Provide direction and feedback to teams of outsourcers
- Develop tools and techniques that improve the quality and efficiency of the marketing render animation team
- Serve as point person in production meetings and reviews
- Partner with production to help scope out new projects
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and experience with storytelling through digital media
- K nowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Extensive experience in Maya
- Ability to quickly create draw overs or illustrations for other animators to work from
- Concept art and/or storyboarding experience is a plus
- Unreal Engine 4 or other real-time game engine knowledge
- Rigging and character modeling knowledge is a plus
- The ability to work with a team in a high pressure environment with very fast turnarounds
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.