San Ramon, California, United States
11 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an Animation Engineer to help us create the most dynamic and engaging in-game gameplay and cinematic experiences. We are searching for the best of the best - if you're interested in helping to craft epic moments, animating expressive true to life characters and creating responsive, engaging gameplay: then our project is for you! We are looking for battle tested veterans to partner up with our collection of industry experts who bring decades of experience delivering AAA titles. As an Animation Engineer you will be working closely with the Leads of Animation, Design, Engineering to create visually stunning and memorable in-game moments. The Animation team here at Striking Distance Studios have our own onsite state of the art Motion Capture Studio to give our animators the advantage of creating animations quickly as well as the opportunity to innovate and develop new techniques for capturing motions. We are creating an exciting environment here, where you will be challenged every day, have the resources to experiment and innovate for the best solutions. Want to push the envelope? Come join us and we can all push together!
- Build optimized, sustainable and maintainable technologies to help solve game driven animation problems
- Implement tools and technology’s for the rapid creation and iteration of animation content
- Work with the animators and technical artists to support their needs and ensure a powerful and easy workflow
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Strong C++ skills.
- Knowledge of UE4 and specially its animation systems.
- Knowledge of animation concepts such as:
- Inverse Kinematics
- Physics driven animation
- Root motion
- Layered/additive animation
- Facial animation
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Professional experience of working on current gen console or PC.
- 2+ years of experience in integrating animation feature for gameplay or similar roles.
- Excellent communication skills to work directly with Animators and designers to solve problems.