12 days ago
Illfonic is looking for an Entry to Mid-Level Animation Engineer to work in Unreal Engine 4. Responsibilities include developing animation and gameplay features for multiple projects and mentoring other programmers. The job requires an understanding of writing portable C++ code and source control. Also, it helps to have experience with Unreal Engine 4 and animating yourself, but those are bonus.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Lakewood, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Work with animation department to implement animations as smooth and as accurately as possible
- Implement animations without negatively impacting player input or gameplay mechanics
- Implement designed gameplay features
- Debug any engine, gameplay or software issues that may arise
- Perform code reviews
- Work on multiple projects
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games
- Experience with source control
- Write fluent portable C++ code
- Experience with profiling and optimization techniques
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Familiarity with a wide range of gameplay systems including AI, physics, networking and rendering
- Experience with modern game platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Maya, Mobu, Blender
- Experience with animation systems such as physically based, procedural or motion tracking
- Experience with Python