6 days ago
As an Animation Director you will ensure that everything that moves in the game achieves the AAA quality expected in all EA sports titles. You will accomplish this by managing the work of the animation team, working directly with the senior leaders of the studio and across EA, and ensuring the appropriate technologies, methodologies, and skills are being used to maximum effectiveness.
- Determine and accomplish the vision and quality bar of all motion in the game.
- Guide the quality of animation balancing performance, quality, continuity, technical, scheduling and budgetary requirements
- Manage the work of our animation team
- Provide daily feedback and direction to the animation team
- Guide the evolution strategy of the animation pipeline, establish efficient animation procedures
Working directly with:
- The creative and visual leadership to establish the animation direction, style, quality, and execution
- Designers and engineers to achieve compelling character and camera motion
- Technical animators, character riggers and modelers to ensure our characters move & deform beautifully
- Graphics engineers to ensure characters are grounded in the world with VFX like grass and weather, shadows, lighting.
- Physics engineers to ensure characters align with the physical limitations you determine and work with other characters and the environment in believable ways
Skills you have:
- A great eye for style and quality, combined with a deep technical skill set
- Experience in visual and technical innovation
- 8+ years of directing animation with excellent credentials on high credibility AAA games
- Team leadership, people and mentoring skills
- You can inspire and lead teams to accomplish time and to budget
- You can guide a team to balance creative goals with the requirements of production
- You can direct actors and other motion capture talent
- Knowledge of common practices and the understanding of industry trends
- You can setup and work with animation blending trees and state machines