24 days ago
About the role:
As the Animation Artist you will work with our art team and game designers. You will have the opportunity to experiment with unconventional VFX styles and explore your interest in visual storytelling, immersion and believable world building.
The Animation Artist will be part of Studio Fizbin - an award-winning independent games studio with offices in Berlin and Ludwigsburg. The role is a full time position, but in Studio Fizbin it means a 32h work week instead of 40h!
- Help bring dangerous creatures, cute critters and expressive characters to live
- Create kinetic and fluid combat animations, tailored to frantic arcade action gameplay
- Help develop flashy and stylish 3D VFX for isometric real time combat in a 2.5D game
- Apply stylish VFX animation to UI widgets and screens
- Collaborate with game designers on VFX and animation planning and smart implementation
Our ideal Animation Artist has a profound understanding of the art pipeline within game development and is accustomed to agile, iterative production processes. They are playful and strive for crisp and innovative visuals.
They have a keen eye for character expression and experience with the particular animation challenges of a real time action game. Next to stellar 3D animation skills, skills in 2D animation and VFX are part of their toolkit to make a game shine in motion.
To succeed in this role, it is also essential that you have the following:
- Minimum three years of industry experience in game development or animation
- Proficiencies in Unity, Blender & After Effects
- Solid 2D Animation skills for UI and VFX
- Strong ideation, brainstorming and documentation skills
- Fast and expressive 3D character animation skills for action titles
We would also love to see if you have graphic illustration skills (icons, typography, doodles, graffiti stencils) or are comfortable using kinetic typography and collage techniques in your work. A strong affinity to anime, typography, graffiti, sci-fi, fantasy and punk music are also a big plus.
German language skills or being based in Berlin or Ludwigsburg could be a bonus point, but they are definitely not a must, as remote work is also possible.
- 32h work week for everyone working full time
- Flexible work hours and workplace locations (100% remote is fine) as well as developer community access via two different indie co-working spaces in Berlin and Ludwigsburg
- 24 vacation days
- Work on a major original IP
- Strict no-crunch policies and fair handling of overtime
- Progressive and queer-friendly team
- Flat company structures. We amplify individual voices and agency across projects, foster personal development and push for empathetic, transparent communication
We value diversity and strongly encourage people from marginalized groups to apply. We strive to be an inclusive workplace for any gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, different ability and other walks of life.
Got questions about the position or Thunderful in general? Please contact:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Talent Acquisition Specialist - Thunderful Games