Animateur.rice Technique Sénior.e / Senior Technical Animator
19 days ago
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You will also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
EA Motive is looking for a Senior Technical Animator specializing in r untime animation systems, processes and workflows. The main responsibilities of the candidate will be collaborating with the animation and gameplay teams, along with other technical animators, to build and maintain animation pipelines, workflows and runtime systems.
- Work closely with the animation and gameplay teams to understand their process and needs.
- Implement and support animation pipelines and content integrations.
- Troubleshoot tools and workflows related technical issues with the animation team.
- Guide and tutor animation staff on project best practices.
- Act as a subject matter liaison within the wider EA development community.
- Familiarity with animation principles and the nature of animating for games.
- Experience integrating animation content into a game engine.
- Understanding of the motion capture process and the data it produces.
- Experience with runtime animation systems, concepts and constraints.
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging runtime animation systems.
- Proficient in the use of Maya for animation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Holds their work to high standards and desires to meet and exceed expectations.
- Strong teamwork skills while also retaining the ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Passion for making games look and play great.
- Experience creating or maintaining animation workflows and tools within DCC applications is an asset.
- Experience writing scripts/tools in Python is an asset.
- Experience creating animation rigs for games is an asset.
- MotionBuilder experience is an asset.