This job might no longer be available.
Analytics Manager, Business & Financial Analytics / Analytics Manager, Core Analytics
16 days ago
Job Title:Analytics Manager, Business & Financial Analytics / Analytics Manager, Core Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment’s games don’t just begin with an idea and end once the game is released. So much more goes into their creation and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Blizzard’s Global Insights organization is composed of teams of incredible engineers and dedicated analysts who work hand-in-hand with designers, commercial strategists, and business operations teams across the company. We pride ourselves on our ability to contribute to our games and players with a combination of data analytics expertise, business acumen, and genuinely geeking out on Blizzard products and culture!
Global Insights is looking for a skilled analytics manager to work with petabytes of cross-franchise data to communicate KPI’s to senior finance, platform, and commercial leaders across the entire company. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environments, and people all help make Blizzard a studio worthy of your career.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and we will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage, lead and grow a team of data analysts - Empower, coach, and mentor in building a centralized portfolio reporting platform
- Partner with analysts and engineers to clearly report business-facing KPIs that measure the health and success of Activision Blizzard games used by millions of players worldwide.
- Comprehensively address both high-level and detailed strategic questions by clarifying the business requirements, developing hypotheses, and building an analytical structure to address the inquiry.
- Apply diverse metrics and methods to handle customer expectations, working with teams to build tangible KPIs, with clear communication standards for project updates, setbacks, and successes.
- Leverage tools such as Tableau, Big Query, Airflow, & Git to deliver insights and provide access to key metrics across the business.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, Game Business & Commercial Leadership, Product teams, and regional analytics partners to deliver business impact, effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to an inclusive atmosphere, where team members communicate and support each other's efforts, enabling a productive team culture, built upon trust and collaborative problem solving
- Experience building and leading data analytics teams
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to understand core business needs and get to the root of the inquiry.
- Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results in a timely, scalable manner.
- Have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization with appropriate visualizations.
- Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing using SQL.
- 2+ years of work experience managing teams in Gaming, Data Analytics, Product Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence, or Product Management roles
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience communicating and advocating with analytical insights to executive-level audiences to inform decision making
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: data modeling, data visualization, statistics
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and big data (such as Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Hadoop, Teradata, and/or Azure)
- Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau; R or Python knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with agile project management tools such as Jira
- Cover Letter preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.