8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Analytics Engineer
The Data Strategy and Operations (DSO) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to a growing need for the business to leverage data to advise and craft key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are over 100 staff members within the DSO team, split between London and California, made up of high-quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture, platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management.
Due to team expansion DSO are looking to recruit talented, highly driven individuals who have excelled in previous roles and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
What you'll be doing:
As part of the Engineering function within DSO, the Analytics Engineering (AE) team delivers reports/self-serve reporting models and dashboards using Tableau and other platforms. Working in an agile delivery model and within scrum teams, the AE team develops front-end solutions for creating insights and visualisations. The team also acts as internal BI consultants to train and coach a diverse global user base on the PlayStation data assets. This role will be primarily working in our data science product scrum team based in London, reporting to one of the department’s principal engineers.
- Translate requirements and collaborate globally to design and develop across both database and business intelligence platforms.
- Designing performant and engaging UX/UI data visualisations.
- Delivering Insight and analysis, primarily using SQL and Tableau.
- Troubleshoot production issues and user queries.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree (2.1 and above) in engineering, maths, economics or computer science
- 3+ years of creating business intelligence development across multiple technology vendors (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy, Domo, Looker, Qlik, PowerBI, etc.).
- Passion for turning complex data into UX focused, intuitive and performant insights.
- Demonstrable experience in visualising data and designing user-friendly BI products
- Extensive SQL centric project work.
- Strong communication skillset. It is vital that the successful candidate can explain complex technical issues in non-technical terms to business stakeholders
- Proven ability to document and communicate insight and data problems in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. Snowflake, Redshift, Netezza, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.).
- Experience with or exposure to scripting/data science technologies (Java, Python, R, etc.)
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes.
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success.
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset.
Skills required (desirable):
- Experience with the Snowflake database platform
- Ability to accommodate work in different time zones (US/UK)
- Practical experience with build automation tools, i.e. Airflow/Jenkins/webpack/npm
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Experience of integrating API frameworks into wider business intelligence solutions.
- Experience of extending core business intelligence platform functionality using the platform SDK or API framework.
- Exposure to Data Science, Data Modelling and analytics
- Experience in Agile methods
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.