Scopely is seeking a highly motivated Analytics Engineer to join our Playgami team in Barcelona on a hybrid basis!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing, and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people worldwide daily.
Playgami is building the best SaaS gaming platform ever! The team strives to create the world’s best products for game production, operation, and insights. Powering many award-winning, loved-by-millions franchise games over mobile, web, and PC. Playgami project is based in Barcelona, but we are happy to hire candidates who will be working in a Hybrid environment from any other city in Spain, Portugal, the UK, or Ireland.
What You’ll Do
- We collaborate with engineers, product teams, and analysts to create self-serve insight products that are fast, accurate, and elastic at a petabyte-scale
- We work across the full data product lifecycle: designing new tracking plans, developing data models, ELT pipelines, and self-serve insight products like Looker explores and dashboards
- We are stewards of data quality, ensuring that metrics are consistently reported across the catalog of data products
- We work with cutting-edge tech (BigQuery, dbt, Looker)
- We look forward and back, applying tools like BQML to predict player behavior
- We empathize with our game product teams and departments to make their daily work more enjoyable and their products more successful
- We often specialize in some part of the data stack and lifecycle but always aim to contribute across the full spectrum
What We’re Looking For
- You love solving puzzles
- You can translate needs into analytics tech
- You have experience with the modern data stack (tools like BigQuery, Snowflake, dbt, Looker, Airflow, GitHub, and command line-based workflows) or hunger to work in that domain
- You have first-class SQL skills and 3+ years of experience in a relevant role
- You understand the importance of data modeling, like knowing your Kimballs, your star schemas
- You value business context and improvement as much as you do first-class technical solutions
- You love collaboration and take pride in working in high-functioning teams
- You enjoy working in rapidly evolving, hyper-growth environments where every change presents an opportunity for us to grow
- You love having fun at work. Ping Pong/Mario Kart skills are a plus!
- You are not senior? Go for it and apply, we are seeking talented and driven engineers at all levels, from junior on up!
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.